Why digitalizing Business continuity needs to be a priority in 2022
The new normal calls for “C” Level executives to invest in a CEM Platform
- Supply chain interruptions and labor shortages remain acute, as well, while severe weather events grow in kind, cost, and intensity – 2020 alone saw a record 50-billion-dollar weather disasters.
- Indeed, a confluence of forces is creating the need for organizations to rethink their critical event management practices – oftentimes they jerry-rigged those practices to respond to the initial COVID outbreak.
- Employers also are often working without granular information as to where their employees are located. That is the kind of data needed to keep employees safe and reduce the risks of events likely to cause business continuity impacts.
- Many challenges to effective critical event management are hangovers from pre-COVID times, as well. Data sources, such as HR databases, remain siloed or strewn across multiple systems – none of which integrate with the other.
- As a result, critical events now emerge without organizations able to get information out of their badly fragmented systems with the speed needed to inform crisis decision-making.
Digitalizing critical event management - At Zapoj, we recommend digitalizing critical event management, to manage an organization’s preparation, response, and recovery from events that impact continuity, operations, and safety.
What is Critical Event Management (CEM), and how does it protect?
A Critical Event Management platform uses technology to take manual processes and automate them. Amplifying real-time data feeds to provide richer intelligence and correlating threats with locations of assets and people, ensures more rapid and comprehensive incident assessment and remediation. By having a critical event management plan in place, organizations can be more ready to face the ever-changing threat landscape, which will allow them to respondmore quickly and efficiently to critical incidents. An integrated strategy across all sectors of the business will enable organizations to prepare for natural, human-made, or digital incidents that pose a serious risk or threats to assets or people; be it severe weather, terrorism, civil unrest and protests, system failures, cyber-attacks, data breaches or infectious diseases.
Zapoj Zsuite is easy-to-use ONE Platform to support business continuity, disaster recovery, emergency response, natural disaster, IT incidentrisk management, mass notifications, and communication.
How can Critical Event Management help organizations?
While threats are always changing, it is becoming increasingly difficult to predict and respond to crises. In such unpredictable circumstances, a detailed emergency plan is vital for business continuity. Critical events can arise in any line of business and spread quickly throughout the entire organization. The automated functionality of CEM will assess and respond to threats and capture any valuable information for critical event reporting. This will contribute toward greater enterprise-wide efficiency across Business Operations, Security Operations, HR Operations, management operations, competitive advantage, reduced costs, and better situational awareness and response visibility across the whole enterprise.
When it comes to the evolving threat landscape, Critical Event Management can provide valuable security and assurance for organizations. Having such a plan in place will facilitate faster recovery of operations and avoid monetary loss and reputational damages while supporting enterprises in their move toward a proactive crisis prevention approach. Evaluate Zapoj Zsuite for your organization now!
What are the four components of Critical Event Management?
- Intelligence: A CEM platform should proactively assess potential risks before they manage to develop into full-blown critical events. It should also provide built-in risk intelligence and data feeds supported by analysts around the clock. The platform should also offer organizations thousands of sources of data from weather to information on the dark web, which the platform then filters and categorizes according to their risk factor, simplifying the response process.
- Correlation: The CEM platform should provide a dynamic correlation engine, which aligns risk events to assets and combines static location, expected location, and last known location of people and assets to determine who or what may be impacted during the incident.
- Orchestration: In addition, the platform should also offer automated workflows which allow organizations to continuously monitor for threats while automating and orchestrating SOPs, communications, and action plans during the crisis to ensure the right action is always taken.
- Analytics: Finally, integrated metrics will guarantee that the incidents are responded to and mitigated in the right way at the right time, helping organizations understand the effectiveness of their own actions and how they can improve for future cases.
Zapoj Critical Event Management platform uses technology to take manual processes and automate them. Amplifying real-time data feeds to provide richer intelligence and correlating threats with locations of assets and people, ensures more rapid and comprehensive incident assessment and remediation.
Find the best CEM for your business - "https://zapoj.com/plans"
Are youprepared to handle critical events? Signup for free
If you intersted to follow our blogs : Subscribe